Once your pre-assessment is complete, travel arrangements have been made, the next question is, what belongings should you bring to Bright Futures Treatment Center for the duration of your stay? We understand that this is a stressful time for you and your family, and want to make it as easy as possible.
What To Bring To Treatment
For your convenience we have created a guide on what essentials should be packed, left behind, and what is not allowed. While you may be stressed, a new chapter of your life it waiting for you.
Items allowed at our rehab program
At a minimum, you’ll want to bring the following items:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes. We provide on-site laundry facilities and supplies are available.
- Shoes: Comfy shoes for everyday wear, tennis shoes for activities/sports and flip flops for the beach
- One of two dressy outfits for special occasions
- Bathing suit
- Light coat or jacket
- Bath robe
- Baseball hat
- Alcohol-free toiletries, including: shampoo, sunscreen, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shaving articles, hairdryer, etc.
- Writing materials for taking notes, including: notebook, writing utensils
- Various forms of identification, including, Photo ID: a driver’s license, passport, or work ID
- Medical insurance cards
- A list of all medications, including dosages, and any known allergies to medications.
At Bright Futures Treatment Center, we want you to be as comfortable as possible, during your time with us.
- Family photos
- Journaling materials
- Music that helps you feel positive
- Spiritual or religious items
Recommended things to bring to treatment/rehab:
- List of names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to have involvement with while you’re in your treatment. In addition to writing letters to your loved ones.
- Alarm clock
- Small amount of cash ($50 to $100 in smaller bills for petty cash, vending machines, etc.)
- Personal checkbook, credit card or debit card
Items not allowed at our rehab program
- Mind altering substances, including: Alcohol, drugs, cough syrup, kava
- Electronics that have a camera, or Wifi capability. If you do choose to bring the following they will be locked in a secure location for the duration of your inpatient stay with us: Smartphones, iPad, tablets, laptop
- Weapons including: knifes, guns, sling shot, boomerang, or bow and arrow
Call Now For
- Answers To Treatment Related Questions
- Free Insurance Reviews
- Caring Supportive Staff
- Financial Assistance Options
- Individualized Treatment Plans
Our care coordinators are here to help you
If you are unsure about an item, have a question, or require more information on what to bring or not to bring, just give us a call and we will be happy to answer! We will ensure that your treatment experience is pleasurable and rewarding yet therapeutic and healing. Our goal is for you maintain sobriety after the completion of our program.
For family members, you can send your loved one money securely through our website and it will be deposited directly into his personal spending account. During their stay clients will never have direct access to any funds in that account. These funds may be used for any purchases, such as special toiletries, tobacco products, co-pays, etc.
The fear of the unknown is not uncommon during this time. Once in contact with our care coordinators, they will be able to answer any questions and hopefully ease and nerves. Are you ready to recover and heal from the disease of addiction?